Experienced Colorado Springs Lawyer Comes to Your Defense
Former prosecutor fights for your rights in the criminal justice system
Suddenly finding yourself arrested or charged with a crime is a harrowing experience for anyone. Concerns about jail time, financial consequences, your reputation and the impact on your family can be overwhelming. When facing the criminal justice system, you want an experienced defense attorney with a track record of successful results. At the Law Office of Andrew Bryant, in Colorado Springs, we represent people throughout El Paso County facing a wide range of criminal charges. With a former prosecutor’s insights into the law enforcement system and prosecution tactics, we are able to mount an effective defense. Whether you’ve been charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, we offer the same assertive response and targeted strategy to pursue the best possible outcome for you, whether that is an acquittal, plea or sentence reduction.
Accomplished lawyer represents clients in a variety of criminal cases
The Law Office of Andrew Bryant is experienced in defending clients against a wide variety of criminal charges. You will have a strong advocate in your time of need when you face these or other charges:
- Misdemeanors — There are several categories of crimes: felonies, misdemeanors, petty offenses, traffic offenses and traffic violations. Though misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, a Class 1 misdemeanor conviction in Colorado can result in up to 18 months in jail and/or a fine up to $5,000. A misdemeanor conviction stays on your criminal record for life, rearing its ugly head during employment, housing and other background checks if not sealed or expunged. So it’s important to be represented by a skilled defense lawyer when you’re charged with a misdemeanor. We represent clients in misdemeanor offenses to help them avoid or minimize the consequences of conviction.
- Burglary — Though there are three degrees and complicated statutory definitions, burglary is essentially an unlawful entry into a structure with the intent to commit a crime. All three degrees of burglary are felonies, carrying punishments of multiple years in federal prison. You want an accomplished attorney to mount your defense for this serious crime.
- Sexual offenses — Sexual offenses run the gamut of sexual assault, sexual assault on a child, sexual exploitation of a child on the internet, unlawful sexual contact and indecent exposure. All these crimes are felonies, except for indecent exposure or unlawful sexual contact without threats, intimidation or force. Once convicted, you must register as a sex offender and have no contact with children under 18, including your own children. Drawing on experience as a prosecutor for the Special Victim’s Unit in El Paso County District Court, the Law Office of Andrew Bryant has successfully defended numerous clients on misdemeanor and federal sexual assault charges.
- Drug crimes — Drug offenses can carry serious penalties, so it’s important to get experienced representation. There are nuances in fighting even DUI or DUID charges. With controlled substances and narcotics, our firm can help you understand charges such as possession, distribution, and possession with intent to manufacture/cultivate. We’ll explain available defenses, potential outcomes and penalties in your case. No matter the opposition, we will fight your drug charges and ensure your constitutional rights are protected.
- Assault — Assault is typically defined as “knowingly or recklessly causing bodily injury to another person.” There are three degrees of assault. Most charges are misdemeanor third-degree assaults, with a maximum sentence of two years in county jail. But if you face first-degree assault charges, you could be looking at up to 24 years in prison and a fine of $750,000.
For these and other charges, you can count on the Law Office of Andrew Bryant to provide a committed defense. We have successfully defended a wide range of clients in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas facing misdemeanor and felony charges and will assert your rights just as vigorously.
Contact an experienced Colorado Springs defense attorney for immediate help
Criminal charges should not be faced alone. At the Law Office of Andrew Bryant, we vigorously and successfully defend clients on a wide range of criminal charges. Call us at 719-634-7353 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Colorado Springs office.